Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Would you sell your PS3 for a PS4?

PSN ID
    ayrab1

Would you sell your PS3 for a PS4?

I have a PS3 and I also have a PS1. I sold my PS2 back in the day and I probably should have kept it for the sake of collections. Would you sell your PS3 for the 4 or would you keep the 3 and get the 4 even if you are on a budget?

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    People should sell their PS3s for PS4s! Dirt cheap, too! So I can finally buy a PS3 myself!
    SpaceTiger and SeanM like this.

Keep it. PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility after all. Plus, I doubt a used PS3 will go for a lot. If you're really cash strapped then I guess selling would be an option.

I would keep my PS3 unless you can wait until March for stuff to actually hit the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unlosing Ranger View Post
    People should sell their PS3s for PS4s! Dirt cheap, too! So I can finally buy a PS3 myself!
    Oh, you!

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
    Keep it. PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility after all. Plus, I doubt a used PS3 will go for a lot. If you're really cash strapped then I guess selling would be an option.
    My advise would also go for keeping such games for later benefits. I don't always believe in the notion of selling my old stuff in order to get new ones. It is better you wait for the prices to go down in order to make the purchase rather than selling your PS3 for a PS4 that sound weird.

There's going to be so many PS3s on the market in a bit, they're going to be worth even less than they would have been a month or so ago. I'm keeping mine. I still play the games, and selling it would only account for maybe a fraction of the PS4.

PSN ID
    utookmine
    Not until after the DLC of the Last of Us...but as Aperture7 said, they won't be worth much, so it will probably go to a family member/friend.

With no backwards compatibility I can see the reasoning behind keeping your PS3. Simply put, it's just a great console, and I wouldn't get rid of it if that means I couldn't play PS3 games. Now, if you are done with all the games and want to move on to the next generation, that's a good choice too.

Until the PlayStation 4 gets that Genkai streaming thing I keep hearing about, I wouldn't bother selling my PlayStation 3. If I Had one that is. There's still a lot of great games on the PlayStation 3 that you won't be able to play again until then, so why bother? Plus, unless you find a reasonable buyer on Craigslist or eBay, you aren't going to be getting much from places like BestBuy or Gamestop.

PSN ID
    iUseaBLADEOnly
    I had to sale mine, still waiting on my ps4 to get out of the shop though. Shop meaning Sony lol

PSN ID
    CpmPanda
    I would but my wife bought it for me so she will not let me sell it. can't afford a ps4 and even if I could, hard to find one these days.

I already sold my ps3, but I still have a lot of money to go for a ps4. I will wait til jan or feb though. I should have sold it for more >_<

Hmm not until the PS4 has enough games for me to make the jump and buy it, and I'm also wating for the The Last Of Us DLC .

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    With no backwards compatibility I can see the reasoning behind keeping your PS3. Simply put, it's just a great console, and I wouldn't get rid of it if that means I couldn't play PS3 games. Now, if you are done with all the games and want to move on to the next generation, that's a good choice too.
    Now seriously, this. No reason to sell PS3 for PS4 unless you really don't want to play the PS3's games anymore. No backwards compatibility on PS4 is something I still hate :c

I have already sold mine and I can tell you I have no feelings of regret it at all. It makes my life much more easier because then I can have more money into my funds for the new PS4. If you are truly a fan of the PS4 and you know that you will not play the PS3 anymore after you get the PS4, then I suggest you to do the same.

Ugh.. Not sure.
    Never owned a PS3, but I think I wouldn't. There are some gems on that platform, and I'd keep it because of those at least.
    But if I had to make choice, I'd probably go for a PS4 rather than PS3.

It's not at all a bad idea to sell a PS3 in orderto buy a PS4, I've been considering it myself. The main thing that would prevent me from selling on my PS3 to make way for the next gen is the fact that PS4 has no backwards compatability. However, I may end up doing it anyway since PS4 is still quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaZero View Post
    I have already sold mine and I can tell you I have no feelings of regret it at all. It makes my life much more easier because then I can have more money into my funds for the new PS4. If you are truly a fan of the PS4 and you know that you will not play the PS3 anymore after you get the PS4, then I suggest you to do the same.
    Aren't you going to miss the progress you made in the games for PS3?

I love my PS3 way to much, so I'm not going to sell it. The PS3 has amazing games and there are a few that I haven't played so selling it would be bad idea.
    I also never sold my PS2. I'd rather wait a few years and buy a new console than get a console at launch but at the price of selling my old consoles.

I wouldn't. I always wished I had kept my PS2, so I'm not making the same mistake on my PS3. After a few years, the money will not matter anyway, and having a spare old console you could go back to will seem priceless by then.

I didn't sell mine because I knew I was going to be playing the PS3 for another 4-8 months when stuff actually starts rolling in for the PS4 (and afterwards). Sure enough, still playing the PS3 and the PS4 is on for Twitch viewing mostly.

I think that question is easy to answer. I mean of course I would especially since I own a Xbox 360 and a Playstation 4.

PSN ID
    andy10307
    I plan on keeping my PS3, even though I have the PS4 now. There are still tons of games I play on it that aren't available for the PS4, and it seems like it will take the PS4 awhile to catch to having as many games available to play for it. I honestly only have a couple and I'm still playing my PS3 pretty regularly.

No, I've gotta original fat ps3 with a tiny 70GB hard drive so what I'd make on a sell wouldn't really make a dent on a PS4 purchase.

PSN ID
    raydarken
    I personally would not sell my PS3 for a PS4 because it just doesn't make a lot of financial sense. As others have mentioned you'll get a very small amount of cash/credit for a PS3, and if it's not broken you'll be giving up your ability to play all your PS3 games and maybe even blurays. I can see selling the PS3 as a good choice for someone who wants to save money and isn't really interested in playing games more than once however. For someone who doesn't plan on playing any more PS3 games that little bit of cash/credit could help.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast