Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Would you sell your PS3 for a PS4?

Sell? I just bought it!! So many free PS+ games

I sold my PS3 back in June. I was finding I wasn't playing it at all, and figured I could still get a decent price attached to it if I sold it then rather then waiting. It was my plan all along to get the PS4 eventually.

I already have a PS4, but I doubt that I'll ever sell my trusty PS3. It has probably the best library of games any system in the 7th-gen had. If I were to sell a console that I had gotten for another, then I'd most likely sell my Xbox 360 because of it having such bad exclusives. The Darkness is one of the only games on the Xbox 360 that goes against this however.

I have no plans on selling my PS3. The PS4 isn't going to actually pick up until mid or late-2014 and I would've had enough for a PS4 by then.

PSN ID
    ayrab1
    Quote Originally Posted by raygamer View Post
    I personally would not sell my PS3 for a PS4 because it just doesn't make a lot of financial sense. As others have mentioned you'll get a very small amount of cash/credit for a PS3, and if it's not broken you'll be giving up your ability to play all your PS3 games and maybe even blurays. I can see selling the PS3 as a good choice for someone who wants to save money and isn't really interested in playing games more than once however. For someone who doesn't plan on playing any more PS3 games that little bit of cash/credit could help.
    This is true and a good point. It'll be years before the PS3 becomes a rare item but it is definitely worth keeping now. I might not plan on playing PS3 games when I get the PS4 but I guess I'll never know when I want to play a game on the PS3 that isn't on the 4!

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    I still have every console of mine since the NES days. All of them are even hooked up to my TV (except for my PSX (which I have a PS2) and NES which is broken ). I find myself every now and then playing the old consoles, especially with popular games that bring back nostalgia for me and my friends. Plus, I know I can redownload and old game on newer consoles in HD glory but if I'm gonna play a retro or older game, I'm gonna play it the way it originally was intended, popping in the cartridge, blowing on it if need be, clunky controls and awkward controllers and everything
    SpaceTiger likes this.

I'm certainly not. I'm going to keep my PS3 as a collection. Even if I trade it in, I'm not going to get that much back. I might as well just buy the PS4 for full retail price.

No way! Playstation 3 is still awesome and there's a lot of great games for it, including gaming classics.
    Keep it, if you don't, you'll regret it, I'm sure.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    I wouldn't do that, simply because I have so many good things on my PS3 and have quite a respectable games collection so selling that would mean selling the games and I can't quite bring myself to do that. Maybe if the PS3 was going to be completely redundant then I would but the simple fact is, the system isn't going to be redundant for quite sometime now. I can safely see another two years of PS3 games coming out regularly.

Nah I wouldn't, the system has already depreciated quite a bit and it's more useful at home than getting rid of it for a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I still have every console of mine since the NES days. All of them are even hooked up to my TV (except for my PSX (which I have a PS2) and NES which is broken ). I find myself every now and then playing the old consoles, especially with popular games that bring back nostalgia for me and my friends. Plus, I know I can redownload and old game on newer consoles in HD glory but if I'm gonna play a retro or older game, I'm gonna play it the way it originally was intended, popping in the cartridge, blowing on it if need be, clunky controls and awkward controllers and everything
    This was beautiful. I have something in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

No. I don't think (because it's still new) that the PS4 has enough games out for me to bother. The PS3 has good features and I don't really feel the need to upgrade yet. Maybe one day, but now right now. I have plenty of PS3 games that I'm happy with.

Well that depends thou I would keep my PS3 for nostalgic reasons I found my old PS1 again but misses my PS2 ... so if I plan on buying a PS4 that's the first time that I collected all of the Sony's console lol

I asked my sister who still has her PS3 the same question and she basically said "And play what games on PS4?" It was the same answer when I asked if she would be getting a PSP some years back.
    Ghost_of_Crash and SpaceTiger like this.

lol Good answer by your sister SXB. I got a PS4, but right now the news of upcoming games is "there will be games in the coming months" insurance. I didn't sell my PS3, I knew better.
    You all forgot about me! I used be your mascot!

PSN ID
    creeperguy514
    Eventually. Not quite yet, though. I always trade in one system when I buy a new one in an effort to offset some of the cost, but at this point I really enjoy my PS 3 and have an extensive library for it that will be useless on the PS4, so I am not yet ready to move on. I will most likely keep the set up I have for at least a year longer until the price of the PS 4 comes down pretty significantly before I make a move to get one...and at that point, I don't know if I will be ready to part with the PS3 or not. It's be a solid machine and I have a lot of money invested in it.

PSN ID
    MagickMosteEvile
    I sold my ps3 for a ps4 and don't regret it at all. The only game I miss playing is kingdom hearts 1.5, even though I own the original on ps2. I have a 360 as well, so I imagine that I am better off then people who just sold their console without a backup to play old games.
    SpaceTiger likes this.

I would not, at least right now because there's not really any games I want on the PS4 at the moment while the PS3 still has a pretty extensive library. Maybe in a year or two when the library is larger. Right now it just seems like kind of a risky move.

PSN ID
    CourageOfLions
    If you asked me that question today, I'd say no. But if you asked me that question 6 months+ from now I'd likely say yes. The reason is that there are no games on the PS4 yet, so it's not really viable at this point.

PSN ID
    RobbieDaCool
    Nope, I just got my PS3 back in October. Heck within two months I've bought a PS3, PSVita and a PS4 -No wonder I am poor.

PSN ID
    CpmPanda
    No, my wife bought me a PS2 and a PS3 so I can't really sell my PS3 cause she loves it too much. Plus, even if I sold it, I couldn't afford the 'after sell' price. If I sold my PS3 for 200, I still have another 200 to gather up.

orz
    I currently still have a PS3 but would definitely be open to selling it to get some funds for a PS4, I usually do that with most of my electronics. When something gets old or when I want to upgrade I'll usually just sell that and upgrade.

Nah, imma keep it. I don't see enough about the PS3 to justify me upgrading. The graphics just don't look that much different, and even though I don't use them that much, I heard the PS4 doesn't play CDs! WTF?!

Yes, I would do it!
    After you get used to the PS4 graphics, there's no coming back. You will notice a huge difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas5987 View Post
    I sold my ps3 for a ps4 and don't regret it at all. The only game I miss playing is kingdom hearts 1.5, even though I own the original on ps2. I have a 360 as well, so I imagine that I am better off then people who just sold their console without a backup to play old games.
    As long as you have a backup to play stuff from the previous generation. I say that you should always have a console to play previous generations if a console doesn't have backwards compatibility or allow you to play games that you own already.
    Titan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast