Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you own all three systems?

PSN ID
    MagickMosteEvile
    I had a ps1,2, and 3 before I sold my 3 to get the 4. I kind of miss having them all in a row! I still play my ps1 and ps2 regularly however, so I think i'll be holding on to those for quite sometime.

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    OK, NOW I got a PS3... got it for Christmas. So now I do have a PS3, 360 and Wii.

All those PS3 exclusives (and the PS4's lack of backwards compatibility!) pushed me, I needed a PS3. Persona 5 and Persona 4 Ultimax are the main games that pushed me!

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    I own PS1, 2, 3 and 4.

PSN ID
    CourageOfLions
    This is where I get to brag. : D

NES, Super NES, PS1, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, and hundreds (thousands?) of games in total, most of which were stolen by my deadbeat big brother and sold for pennies.

PSN ID
    KMJ_84
    No,
    PS1, PS2 and my PS4 will be delivered on Monday.

The bit in between is when I had (and still have) the Xbox 360.

But before all that my consoles (chronologically) were: Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Sega Master System, Sega Megadrive, SNES and the N64

I have owned all three systems but not longer have them all. My original Playstation (PS1) is long gone. I kept all the games and sold the console with it's controllers after getting a PS2. I don't think I got all that much for it, either. I don't regret selling it as I knew all the games would work on the then new PS2. When the value of them notably go up, no doubt I will do!

I did keep my PS2 when I upgraded to the PS3 and to this day it remains wrapped up in various waste bin liners up in the attic complete with the surviving games. I say 'surviving' because we moved house coming up for three years ago and about 3/5 of my collection mysteriously vanished... I have no idea if it still works because I don't have anywhere spare to plug it in (I'd have to disconnect the PS3) and it's not been turned on for at least six years...

Will I keep my PS3 when I eventually get a PS4? More than likely. However it'll only meet the same fate as my PS2 - a very long period wrapped up in the attic until the day I may have space to connect it back up.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymansafc View Post
    I did keep my PS2 when I upgraded to the PS3 and to this day it remains wrapped up in various waste bin liners up in the attic complete with the surviving games. I say 'surviving' because we moved house coming up for three years ago and about 3/5 of my collection mysteriously vanished... I have no idea if it still works because I don't have anywhere spare to plug it in (I'd have to disconnect the PS3) and it's not been turned on for at least six years...
    Damn dude. That is horrible. Did you have people help you move?

Quote Originally Posted by courageoflions View Post
    This is where I get to brag. : D

NES, Super NES, PS1, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, and hundreds (thousands?) of games in total, most of which were stolen by my deadbeat big brother and sold for pennies.
    I want to brag!

NES (first) [zapper and Power Glove], SNES [Super Scope, Super Gameboy], Genesis, PSX, PSOne, N64 [Rumble Pak, Transfer Pak, VRU, GameShark], Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2 Phat [Network Adapter], Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360...and handhelds Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, DS, 3DS, Game Gear, N-Gage.

...yeah I had an N-Gage, I'm so ashamed. I was young and wanted a GBA and games, but I only had N-Gage money. Don't judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceTiger View Post
    I want to brag!

NES (first) [zapper and Power Glove], SNES [Super Scope, Super Gameboy], Genesis, PSX, PSOne, N64 [Rumble Pak, Transfer Pak, VRU, GameShark], Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2 Phat [Network Adapter], Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360...and handhelds Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, DS, 3DS, Game Gear, N-Gage.

...yeah I had an N-Gage, I'm so ashamed. I was young and wanted a GBA and games, but I only had N-Gage money. Don't judge me.

You guys have me beat. I only have my original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Gamecube, in addition to my PS3. Never owned a Sega anything. I was pro-Nintendo until the Wii, then I was like to hell with them!

What about the Turbo Grafx-16? Bonk's Adventure! I never owned it, but always wanted one!

PSN ID
    CpmPanda
    Each system always has awesome games, i used to own xbox and playstation 3 but my xbox got the ring of death within the first 3 months and my dumbass didn't get a warranty. Other than that, I prefer PS3 but the wii u has some fun sports games.

Quote Originally Posted by CpmPanda View Post
    Each system always has awesome games, i used to own xbox and playstation 3 but my xbox got the ring of death within the first 3 months and my dumbass didn't get a warranty. Other than that, I prefer PS3 but the wii u has some fun sports games.
    It doesn't come with an automatic one year warranty when you purchase it?

PSN ID
    KMJ_84
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiverr Exposed View Post
    It doesn't come with an automatic one year warranty when you purchase it?
    Yep, 3 year warranty for the 3 RROD, and anything other is under the 1 year warranty. (My first 360 got the 2 red lights 3 months after the 12 month warranty period )

Quote Originally Posted by KMJ_84 View Post
    Yep, 3 year warranty for the 3 RROD, and anything other is under the 1 year warranty. (My first 360 got the 2 red lights 3 months after the 12 month warranty period )
    I never understood how those companies with such huge R&D budgets can't make something that withstands this sort of thing. I know things happen but sheesh, get it together.

Did Nintendo ever have systems that suffered anything like this? I can't recall.

Wii had disc read errors at most where it was more of an issue of a dirty disc or lens. I would say the Wii U bricking on the update, but that was down to two things: the update being large as hell and taking awhile for some and most importantly, people interrupting the update even with a notice saying not to turn off or interrupt it.

...same notice not to turn off or remove anything during any kind of transfer of data (saving, loading, etc) since cartridges could save games.

That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

Nintendo rarely had hardware f*** ups if ever. The laser is a somewhat significant one, but all consoles that use discs have that problem (not everyone with a console that uses discs, just that consoles in general will have disc read errors). Even then, most of the time it's scuffed or smudged discs.

Plus three of Nintendo's consoles were based on cartridges and had simpler parts compared to when we got to the disc-era. Unless you're actively trying to mess up the cartridge or cartridge slot you're not going to have issues.

I have all three systems. I am a avid gamer so i pretty much get any system i can get. I also like variety in my games. I don't like to play the same type of games over and over again as it gets boring.

Wii had disc read errors at most where it was more of an issue of a dirty disc or lens. I would say the Wii U bricking on the update, but that was down to two things: the update being large as hell and taking awhile for some and most importantly, people interrupting the update even with a notice saying not to turn off or interrupt it.

...same notice not to turn off or remove anything during any kind of transfer of data (saving, loading, etc) since cartridges could save games.
    I think he meant more like consoles leaking, RROD, disc trays not working, etc.
    You all forgot about me! I used be your mascot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_of_Crash View Post
    I think he meant more like consoles leaking, RROD, disc trays not working, etc.
    Ah...then no, Nintendo's never actually had major hardware problems that caused the thing not to work or have to require cracking it open and stuff.

Ah...then no, Nintendo's never actually had major hardware problems that caused the thing not to work or have to require cracking it open and stuff.
    Clearly you weren't one of the people who had to take the cartridge out, blow on the contacts to free the dust, then place it back in, hoping it would work this time.

My Dragon Warrior cartridge exhibited this issue a few months ago. Eventually worked, but still...

PSN ID
    KMJ_84
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiverr Exposed View Post
    Clearly you weren't one of the people who had to take the cartridge out, blow on the contacts to free the dust, then place it back in, hoping it would work this time.
    Is that Nintendo's fault though that we live(d) in environments where dust was allowed to settle?

It wasn't just Nintendo that suffered from that issue, I had to do the old 'blow and hope' method for my Atari and Sega consoles (MS2 and Mega Drive).

Quote Originally Posted by KMJ_84 View Post
    Is that Nintendo's fault though that we live(d) in environments where dust was allowed to settle?

It wasn't just Nintendo that suffered from that issue, I had to do the old 'blow and hope' method for my Atari and Sega consoles (MS2 and Mega Drive).
    LOL, yeah it was their fault. They had them produced in the factories that produced smoke and emissions that wandered the planet and landed in my cartridge!

Oh I totally forgot about the Atari, I had that issue too, but from what I vaguely remember I think it was worse than Nintendo's.

Dust is an issue with all consoles. Sega came up with a solution for the dust thing with the dust doors on the cartridge slot. The main issue with dust has always been with vents. Blowing the slot and the cartridge was always a habit for me as it was something I saw my cousin do all the time. That and feeling the cartridge then the console and saying "It's hot. We're going outside to play basketball for awhile."

...didn't want to play no basketball. It's 94 out there, the candy lady isn't home, and I want to play Skate or Die 2.

I have 4, but different 4.

PSP, PS2, PS3 and of course, the PS4. The PSP can emulate PS1 games easily so I am not too bothered.

PSN ID
    Fries_09
    I do currently still have my PS1, PS2, and PS3. I probably will not be getting a PS"for" quite a while considering I have no real intrest in the games at the moment; I mean I like to play my old games which are pretty great and I still have the PS1 with a screen because I am the Oest G in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer_Fries View Post
    I do currently still have my PS1, PS2, and PS3. I probably will not be getting a PS"for" quite a while considering I have no real intrest in the games at the moment;
    I see what you did and it was clever.

I mean I like to play my old games which are pretty great and I still have the PS1 with a screen because I am the Oest G in the world.
    You mean the PSOne that has the small screen attached?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast