Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What are your reasons for getting a ps3 instead of a xbox 360?

X360 never had a strong exclusives catalog like PS3 and the fact that Microsoft is focusing on Kinect (casual) is clearly showing the real picture.

If youíve a PC, you just donít need a X360 because eventually all the major titles are going to be available for PC. Weíre talking about Microsoft Games, thereís a market.

If we take the PC out of the picture, PS3 is a way better choice if youíre a hardcore gamer. Sony is not letting down about serious games (Last of Us; Beyond: Two Souls, etc.) and by the way if you play online often itís totally free. And at least in my case: it works, and thereís no lag. Why should I pay for a service that gives me exactly the same thing? I just donít get it.

X360 died long time ago for me, there are virtually no games that go beyond Halo or GOW horizon. And now itís all about Kinect and well.. not for me sorry.

Just my opinion.

I prefer the PS3, but only slightly. There really isn't much difference.
    I do use the PS3 more, but that's mainly because it does a better job streaming video from my server, and I love MLBtv... if the thing had a better web browser I'd barely touch my computer anymore. Where's my Firefox?

I agree virtanen. I do not think that the Xbox 360 has better exclusives then the PS3. The exclusives that I have had the privilege of playing on the PS3 have been nothing short of great. I really like Uncharted and I wont ever stop saying that it just seems to me that the exclusives that are on the PS3 are much better then those that are on the Xbox 360

PSN ID
    RobbieDaCool
    Well when I decided to get back into gaming, I was going to flip a coin but saw the PS3 came bundled with GTA 5 and the Xbox360 came with Kinectimals -and well you know

PSN ID
    Fries_09
    I just really liked some of the games and it was also what I got first so I stuck with it. I didn't really pick PS over Xbox to begin with but I decided to stick with it because more friends had them and I knew it better.

Mainly because I am comfortable with the brand and have used it the most. Like Clanky I prefer the controllers better as well as the selection of games.

PlayStation For Life WackoDaSniper's Avatar
    PSN ID
    WackoDaSniper
    Microsoft banned me on false charges. They said I was modding WaW zombies but I wasn't. I spent 1000's of dollars on Xbox stuff and they didn't give a crap. I went on the Xbox forums and asked and the said they wont look back at my case and ban will stand so I'm like wow y'all are pricks. I even saw a dad who went on there and wrote a 500 word post explaining what happened and that his 12 year old son was crying the past few night because he got banned on something he didn't do. And they said the ban will stand. A 12 year old kid, banned falsely, crying, and you said the ban will stand because you're ignorant. Nice PR Microsoft. Microsoft is evil. Happened to me. Happened at E3 2013 with DRM policies. It's proof that Microsoft loves money not PR. I switched to ps3 after all that.
    Last edited by WackoDaSniper; July 11th, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

X360 never had a strong exclusives catalog like PS3 and the fact that Microsoft is focusing on Kinect (casual) is clearly showing the real picture.

If you’ve a PC, you just don’t need a X360 because eventually all the major titles are going to be available for PC. We’re talking about Microsoft Games, there’s a market.

If we take the PC out of the picture, PS3 is a way better choice if you’re a hardcore gamer. Sony is not letting down about serious games (Last of Us; Beyond: Two Souls, etc.) and by the way if you play online often it’s totally free. And at least in my case: it works, and there’s no lag. Why should I pay for a service that gives me exactly the same thing? I just don’t get it.

X360 died long time ago for me, there are virtually no games that go beyond Halo or GOW horizon. And now it’s all about Kinect and well.. not for me sorry.

Just my opinion.

Pretty old topic but I'll give my opinion. I have had the PS1 and PS2 since their launch and I pretty much have always been a Sony fanboy. I bought into a PS3 a bit late in 09 because a lot of my friends had one and at the time Call of Duty was all the craze. Since CoD died down I came to realise the superior games on the PS3 in terms of exclusives and pretty much stand by that sole fact in how Sony will always be better than Microsoft. Also thought it was weird that you'd pay for online on Xbox. I can see the appeal of Halo but it is just another FPS whereas Sony's exclusives tend to differ greatly which gives great diversity in games compared with the Xbox.

Better controllers, Better games and PlayStation plus gives you two free games a month. I mean why would you not want to have the play-station 3 or the play-station 4. The choice is yours though, because if you like the X-box then you know, but I tell you the play-station is the best system you can get.

PSN ID
    StarSaberSX
    I am a Playstation fan. Been playing games on the PS brand since the original Playstation,the squared one not the slim version). My only console was the PS2 so it's only natural that I bought the PS3. It's a launch console that has backwards compatibility and it is still running strong until today. The second console where I didn't have to buy a replacement.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    PS1 -->PS2 --> PS3

Easy logic!

PSN ID
    jbeavis100
    Exclusives, Controller Design, Free Online, PS1 and PS2 Classics.. I could go on..

The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    now see i had an xbox 360 for the longest time. i got a ps3 so i could play exclusives. my console was broken becuase it would connect to the internet so that didnt last long. i then got a ps4 becuase of the 1080p
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

PSN ID
    BooRassa
    I wanted to play Last of Us and Ni No Kuni. Most of the 360 exclusives were shooters or stuff that was already on PC. Either console would have been my first from MS or Sony.

I've had a playstation ever since I was young.. So it just of just went PS1 > PS2 > PS3. Pretty simple reasoning, if you ask me, ha.

It is like a legacy. I played through all the previous playstation generations. So I continue doing the same thing with expectaions. I mean I had an xbox and in my opinion it was horrible and I didn't like most of the exclusive games. I am not an FPS person. Beside, I like Japanese games so Playstation and Wii for me

Master Member
    The exclusives games mate. I mean, PS3 have tons of them and most of the m are single player games which is what I love to play.

Legacy. I grew up with ps1 then I had ps2 so I had to get ps3. I am used to it and used to the controller.

Most friends have a PS3, so I had no reason to buy an Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanky View Post
    Better controllers, better exclusives like The Last Of Us, Beyond Two Souls (Forza would be great though) and of course, free online gaming. You may have more downtimes in PSN than in Xbox Live, but hey, at least the PSN service is running stable. Xbox Live laggs sometimes, I noticed that a few times already.
    True reasons!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123