Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What are your reasons for getting a ps3 instead of a xbox 360?

PSN ID
    don_bidarian
    playstation exclusives, even though it lost most of it to 360 back then.

Uncharted, MGS4, Heavy Rain to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanky View Post
    Better controllers
    It's interesting you say that because I always preferred Dualshock 3 to the 360 controller. The general consensus is in favor of 360 though.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

Most of my friends had it anyways so I got one with them. I don't really care about the games since I play on the PC more than I do on the consoles. The free network really helped because I don't want to pay for something I use only 5 times a month.

Exclusives and most people in my family and a few of my friends had a PS3. I eventually got a 360 though.

At the time my main reason was MGS4 (I bought the PS3 bundle that came with it) and MGO. But I ended up loving many games from Sony's 1st party developers and that was pretty much the main reason why I also bought a PS4.

My reason was simply due to the games. I usually like the ps platform-only games more than the xbox platform-only games so I've always gone with the ps over the xbox. Also, the fact that you can transfer games to your friends much more easily through the playstation is a special bonus. I've recently opened up to the xbox though.

I got a PS3 first mainly for more diverse exclusives compared to 360. However, you strip those exclusives and they're both interchangeable outside of the online features.

Well the PS3 has a lot of exclusives that are simply off the chain. MOst of the games that I buy on the PS3 that are exclusives are good games. Like the I Uncharted series. Other than the Last of Us game there is no other game that I had the most fun playing like I did playing the Uncharted games. I ended up getting a 360 after but I really really really love my PS3.

PS3 is what my friends had at the time. So I got it for the social aspect.

PSN ID
    frankmarco
    PS3 has better exclusives. You have all the Naughty Dog brand which is enough to force you to buy a PS3. PSN or SEN will be charged but now it's still free. I've seen countless XBOX get RROD and very few PS3 get the same. But maybe it's just luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I got a PS3 first mainly for more diverse exclusives compared to 360. However, you strip those exclusives and they're both interchangeable outside of the online features.
    Pretty much. While I've always preferred the PlayStation family of exclusives, by the time PS3 and 360 rolled around there were really no more distinctively PlayStation games. Like initially GTA was hands down a PlayStation game when it came to console (GTA appeared on PC as well, but there's a reason why at one point PC was considered outside of the realm of console gaming), Final Fantasy in the 90s-early 2000s was distinctly PlayStation after years of being distinctly Nintendo.

The last time there were multiple consoles with distinctly-X console titles was with Xbox/PS2/GC/DC where you could hands down say "This is a PlayStation game. I can't see this game on GameCube or Xbox." Now and days with the heavy focus on graphics, a lot of PlayStation 3's exclusives don't have that same effect. It's more like "This is a PlayStation game and while it won't be multiplatform, if it was it would be the same experience due to mirror control schemes."

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    I got a 360 first but the great Japanese exclusives for PS3 made me get one. I just lost it when Persona 5 was announced for PS3!

Also PlayStation Plus which I waa already subscribed to because of my Vita.
    Last edited by The Unlosing Ranger; April 13th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
    SpaceTiger likes this.

PSN ID
    Madcat32
    My gaming PC died and couldn't be revived and I didn't have the 1500 spare that I spent on it a few years back so after researching Linux OtherOs and having been a huge PS1 and PS2 fan it really was a no-brainer.

Bluray over hddvd any day of the week and we even got HDMI as standard and free network access. Those were the good old days!!

PSN ID
    beserker-boy
    I got both, love them both.. it's all about the games for me
    Some look better on one console, some work better on the other. The thing that seperate's things is exclusives, and people's own gaming tastes

PSN ID
    Neuezielmk35
    Far better game selection, PSN and I just really do not like the xbox much at all. Plus online is free.

I bought the PS3 cause I owned PS1 and PS2. It seemed like the logical next gen console for me. But actually what pushed me to get the PS3 was Final Fantasy Versus XIII being announced as an exclusive... well we all know how that ended.

I had a 360 before a PS3. I eventually sold my Xbox to get a PS3, and I'm pretty happy with my decision. I had a PS2 growing up, and I can play most of them on my PS3, with added content, or the sequels (Ratchet and Clank). I prefer having free online play, I probably spent a hundred or so dollars on Xbox Live, so I don't miss that at all. I do miss Halo, a little bit.

PSN ID
    frankmarco
    Games, games and games. The majors titles are cross platform, but when you go more deep in some genre (JRPG for me), PS3 beat Xbox 360 easy. Japanese were more Playstation than xbox before. I don't know now but if the trends go on I will go for PS4 too. There isn't any RPG on Xbox !

I chose the PlayStation 3 over the Xbox 360 because it came with a blu ray player. I had a decent blu ray collection at the time the PlayStation 3 was released so it was a no brainer for me to choose the one with a blu ray player.

PSN ID
    alexiskilgannon
    My reasoning was simple in it's own way. I simply prefer Playstation over Xbox. Nothing on the Xbox has ever interested me and to be honest, the controller played a part in my dislike for the console. I am more impressed with Playstation overall.

I think it is really nice that PS3 has the free online multiplayer, as opposed to the paid Xbox Live. Also, Playstation offers so many great exclusives that it would be worth it just for games like Uncharted and Infamous. But then Xbox has Halo and GoW, so it depends on what you prefer.

PSN ID
    Neuezielmk35
    Quote Originally Posted by alexiskilgannon View Post
    My reasoning was simple in it's own way. I simply prefer Playstation over Xbox. Nothing on the Xbox has ever interested me and to be honest, the controller played a part in my dislike for the console. I am more impressed with Playstation overall.
    I think one game ever interested me for the 360, Ace Combat 6, which I played later on and was inferior to the ps2 games. Still I would like to have my collection complete, oh well. PS is much better though, you are right.

I'm still with PS3 and will be for awhile. I'm happy with it and feel no real need to make an upgrade to something else right now. I don't need it and I am not playing as much as I used to.

Because I don't see the point in limiting myself to one console and playing into the fanboy mentality some have. Each console has their strengths and their weaknesses, and some of the games are just too good to pass up on.

-Free Internet and sign up to PSN (none of the 50 bucks bs)
    - Liked most of the exclusive games (uncharted and Infamous)
    - Bluray for movies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast