Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who is your favorite villain?

Who is your favorite villain?

Sephiroth from FF VII for me mainly because when they brought him to live on the movie FF Advent Children,his character looks super cool. The voice and the eyes just look super evil.

How about you?who is your favorite villain?

Bohan from Heavenly Sword. He's amazing.

The Joker in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

You know, when I see the Joker's face, that twisted smile and those evil eyes, it always strikes fear somewhere inside me. Just imagine if you were neighbors with this guy and he would come over every day to your house for a cup of tea. That would be absolute horror. But I like him as a villain because he's the benchmark of all things evil.

Sephiroth is a good choice. But I have to give it up to my man Bowser, the king Koopa who really is more selfish than evil. Hopefully his character in the new Smash Bros will reflect his greatness more than his last two incarnations.

My favorite villian is the Reapers from Mass Effect. They always made it seem like you would never defeat them and completely underestimated you the entire game. They were also incredibly interesting considering they thought the humans were good enough to make a reaper of after your actions but they still kept so vague about their reasons for what they were doing. They were awesome!

Comstock from Bioshock Infinite. Without going into spoilers, I just love how he made himself into who he was. He set out with a goal and he achieved that goal. He reminds me a lot of Jay Gatsby from "The Great Gatsby".

My favorite villain is the Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum. The Joker was such a great villain to actually face in Batman Arkham Asylum. I mean even in the end when he used the Bang type serum, he was still a great foe.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBracken View Post
    Comstock from Bioshock Infinite. Without going into spoilers, I just love how he made himself into who he was. He set out with a goal and he achieved that goal. He reminds me a lot of Jay Gatsby from "The Great Gatsby".
    Actually, I totally forgot about him. Definitely Comstock. Some people I talked to said that he's quite stereotypical, but I felt he was unique and human compared to most villains.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBracken View Post
    Comstock is awesome and I don't get why people think he's stereotypical. He's not exactly the most unique character in video game history but he works very well in the confines of Bioshock Infinite.

The Joker is my favorite villain too. I am biased because I like the character but he was pretty good in the video game too.

Joker. Definitely Joker. You know why? Its simple. We kill the Batman!

PSN ID
    Spokey-Who
    Quote Originally Posted by MedeaWakoski View Post
    Some people I talked to said that he's quite stereotypical, but I felt he was unique and human compared to most villains.
    ...What reasons do they give? It seems like something someone who does very little thinking would say. (That was a weird sentence.)

I'd have to say Bane if we're being generic.

If we're talkin video games only, there was a section in the first Tomb Raider where you fight some french guy with a pair of NICE pistols. He was REALLY french and scared us the first time we played him. He was pretty difficult as well. We nick-named him Pierre Mon Fraire.

We actually stood up and did a dance when we beat him.
    Last edited by themarting; October 3rd, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

PSN ID
    kn1era
    The Joker, I only played arkham but he is so well written. Apart from his awesomely written lines, the voice is also so awesome. He is really one of the most memoreable villains in any video game thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    Sephiroth is a good choice. But I have to give it up to my man Bowser, the king Koopa who really is more selfish than evil. Hopefully his character in the new Smash Bros will reflect his greatness more than his last two incarnations.
    The devlopers have already mentioned that they improved Bowser significantly. He now stands more upright and seems to move. I am interested to see where he falls int he tier rankings.

Master Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sidd230 View Post
    Joker. Definitely Joker. You know why? Its simple. We kill the Batman!
    Yup, he was one of the most uncanny villains that made you despise and fear him. He was an amazing character.

Quote Originally Posted by wowtgp View Post
    Yup, he was one of the most uncanny villains that made you despise and fear him. He was an amazing character.
    I'm not generally a DC fan, but the Joker is a brilliant villain. He is not tough by any sense of the word, but he is brilliant and deranged. The mind games he plays are just beautifully vicious.

I think it's unfair to say the joker, since he's has such a history and has been a great villain in comics, movies and video games. He was a great villain in Arkham Asylum (although his boss fight was awful and lame), so he gets my vote as well.

Professional Escapologist BlackSolaris's Avatar
    SHODAN from System Shock is a pretty good representation of the human race killing itself indirectly. Also, she has some pretty nice lines when you meet her for the first time on System Shock 2.

One of my favorite boss battles has to be in God of War 3 - wherein Kratos fights Hercules. You know what, I honestly thought of Hercules as a good guy. I pictured him as this:

Here's the video of Kratos vs Hercules. Watch how Kratos pounds the face of Hercules to a pulp.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ulesDisney.jpg

Sephiroth is a pretty well designed character, in my opinion, especially in contrast with the good natured characters in the series. Another villain I really liked is Jinpachi Mishima in Tekken. I like the whole dynasty idea of their family in Tekken, including the backstory, and I especially liked his design as the grandfather because he looks very menacing.

Gotta be Bohan from Heavenly Sword for me. That guy was just so damn funny. I actually felt kind of bad for him at the end despite all the nasty things he did. I think we need more villains like him. He actually had character.

My favorite villains are always the ones that start out as good guys. I won't spoil any games here, but I can't really think of any specific examples off the top of my head. But I think of villains as being more complex than boss characters or enemies in general, so a little backstory is necessary.

OMG! I'll answer Vaas in Far Cry 3 immediately.
    This is for me the best introduction ever done in a video game.

He's so charismatic. Otherwise, I've never really known villain who really makes me afraid. A good villain must have no mercy.

I hope it will make us better games with better characters with this new generation. CAr here .... I'm getting a little bored.
    Dmadman72 likes this.

I'll go with Broly from Burst Limit on this one. He's my favorite villain not only in PS3! xD

Banned
    Joker is too easy. He is the epitome of a villain in general with or without a video game.

I would have to say Wesker. There is just something about that character that has not been fully explored. There is an untapped evil there I hope they really get into.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast