Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who is your favorite villain?

Sovereign from Mass Effect is my favorite villain. Well... if we can call him a villain because what he was saying was true even if it meant the destruction of the human race, I was capable understanding why he wanted it and his motives. I also liked Joker in Batman and Vaas - the insane guy from Far Cry 3.
    Name:  vaas-beard-and-mohawk.jpg
Views: 9349
Size:  30.1 KB

James Whitman from Tomb Raider. He isn't the baddest of the bad, but I'll choose him cause the game didn't let me murder that bastard.

Yeah the Joker is kind of the hero of villains. But my pick is Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3, that guy is just so sweet and crazy that I wan't him to kill me. I also like Lion White in Brutal Legend, that guy is so, I don't know I can't explain it, but I was disappointed when I didn't get to kill that a-hole with my bare hands.

Yeah Sephiroth is a pretty great villain, but he is no match for the dog in NES Duckhunt. That laugh still haunts me this day.

I think that the joker in batman is a great villain he is just insanely creepy in that game. Another good villain was snakes brother in metal gear when snake had to fight his brother at the end of the game. Those villains were really good or should I say really bad.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    I'm gonna have to say Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. Everytime he spoke in the game, I just had to laugh.
    Madcat32 likes this.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

Hands down it is the Joker, evil personified!

I have always loved the Joker in the Batman Arkham games. He is always so cool, and at the end of Arkham City...I don't want to spoil anything...but lets just say that is was pretty cool to see how much Batman cared for his arch nemesis.

PSN ID
    Neuezielmk35
    I really liked Frank Horrigan in Fall out 2. Irenicus was another good one and you can't forget Luca Blight from Suikoden 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorf View Post
    Yeah Sephiroth is a pretty great villain, but he is no match for the dog in NES Duckhunt. That laugh still haunts me this day.
    He was awesome. I always thought he was a snarky companion instead of a villain, though.

My vote is for Kefka. He also had a glorious laugh.

I like Sephiroth from FF7 and Virgil from DMC 5 and DMC 3 I also like handsome Jack in Borderlands 2, The Sirens in Mass Effect 3

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I like Sephiroth from FF7 and Virgil from DMC 5 and DMC 3 I also like handsome Jack in Borderlands 2, The Sirens in Mass Effect 3
    The Sirens in Mass Effect 3? Are you talking about the ardat yakshi?
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

There have been some great villain in gaming history. However, much like yourself I cannot see past Sephiroth in FFVII. The main reason for this is is due a variety of reasons:

1) Just how simply badass he looks. Just look at Sephiroth sends chills down my spine, especially the cinematic after he has burnt the entire town down. The flames surrounding him, his hand on his dastardly long sword as he walks away from the burning corpses, not even batting an eye.

2) His story of disillusion, leading to delusions of grandeur and the self confidence in believing in his own power mixed with the insecurity of never finding a place to fit. It is such a beautiful tale of how a hero goes astray to become the single most dangerous being to the entire planet.

3) The Aerith moment. If you have payed FFVII, then you will understand why this makes him sooo good! I did not see this coming, I did not realize that this was even plausible. The death of Aeris is such an iconic moment, and of course it has to be our man Sephiroth who does the deed in such an epic way.

Kessler - <-(SPOILER) especially since it was yourself the whole time. And it was a darker look at the 'lesser of two evils' thought
    Last edited by Sebastianb; June 25th, 2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spoiler didnt want to spoil

Jon Irenicus from Baldur’s Gate II. He leaves a strong, lasting impression immediately from the game’s opening. The build up and foreshadowing before you finally face him as the final boss, and the subsequent endgame cinematic, is still one of the most memorable RPG endings for me.

His voice actor, David Warner, really brought the character to life with his performance, with classic BioWare quotes such as:

“You dare to attack me here? Do you even know whom you face? … You will suffer, you will all SUFFER!”

Who is a better villain than the Joker? He is about as evil as it gets, the perfect role for Jack Nicholson who can be evil personified when he is in that character.

PlayStation For Life WackoDaSniper's Avatar
    PSN ID
    WackoDaSniper
    Scarecrow in the next Batman game. Looks scary

PSN ID
    Neuezielmk35
    Yeah, I think Scarecrow looks really scary too. I have always been a fan of his since the animated series in the early 90s.

Jon Irenicus from Baldur’s Gate II. He leaves a strong, lasting impression immediately from the game’s opening. The build up and foreshadowing before you finally face him as the final boss, and the subsequent endgame cinematic, is still one of the most memorable RPG endings for me.

His voice actor, David Warner, really brought the character to life with his performance, with classic BioWare quotes such as:

“You dare to attack me here? Do you even know whom you face? … You will suffer, you will all SUFFER!”

I already gave my opinion in an earlier post, but I thought of another "villain." Anyone he is around my age should recognize the name Eric Sparrow but if you don't, he was the antagonist (if you can call him that) of Tony Hawk Underground. I've honestly never felt betrayed by a character in a video game except for him. I don't remember exactly what happened to him in Tony Hawk Underground 2, but I know it was embarrassing for him. I like that.

PSN ID
    Sir_Ridge
    Game companies that use DLC and other underhanded tactics to try and turn a profit from our enjoyment. Am I right guys?

But seriously I've always liked Ganon from the Zelda games, even if some versions over the years have been awful.
    BizarroGoogle It's like a weird, backwards inefficient Google Search.

The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    scarecrow from arkham asylum
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

PSN ID
    jbeavis100
    Tenpenny from GTA San Andreas was one of the most morally bankrupt assholes ever.

Kuja from FF9 was so stylish and over the top! I liked him.

Name:  Trance.Kuja.full.1336807.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  103.4 KB

I'd say Zoran Lazarević from Uncharted 2. I absolutely love the last fight and I actually needed quite some time to beat it. He seems like a real russian mob boss, that could fuck your whole life up, if he wanted to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast