Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19

    Is Borderlands glitchy?

    So I played Borderlands the other day, the first game. Yeah it's kind of old now but hey it's still a pretty good game but one thing though. I noticed a lot of glitchy things happening to the game. Most notable for me was when I try to snipe enemies.

    Even if I'm aiming dead center and my cross hair isn't moving and that red dot of death is just so targeted on the head of my enemies somehow it misses. I have no idea why. Other times the bullet seems to travel really slow, it almost takes a full second after I fire the gun and the bullet to hit my target. Is it just that my game is broken or is anybody else having this problem?

  2. #2
    Senior Member gamerteabwoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    15
    I played the game and I do not find that it was glitchy I think that it was really good to me. Did you buy like a used copy or something because that is the only thing that I can think of why the game would be glitching like you say that it is.

  3. #3
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerteabwoi View Post
    I played the game and I do not find that it was glitchy I think that it was really good to me. Did you buy like a used copy or something because that is the only thing that I can think of why the game would be glitching like you say that it is.
    Well it's really not like uber glitchy but often times you'd see enemies stuck on surfaces and for the most part the shooting thing I mentioned. At first I thought it was the gun stats and has something to do with the accuracy rating but I got a freaking sniper rifle with 98% accuracy so I thought the game is acting up on me. No the game was all new, it was the Game of the Year Edition .

  4. #4
    Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Inside the Midnight Channel
    Posts
    938
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Rep Power
    48
    Yeah, Borderlands has some odd bugs. My favorite is the one in which rockets don't deal blast damage at times. By favorite I mean it makes me want to quit playing forever.

    That said, I have not played the game on PS3 but I did on 360 and PC. I don't remember anything like this odd delay you mention, though. Sure bullets do not instantly hit the target, that's normal, but they shouldn't take too long to hit them.

    As for missing even if you're aiming right at them, though, maybe your gun's accuracy is just bad?

  5. #5
    Member Negative Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Outer Rim
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    10
    Deathbyprayer, have you taken into account your character's skill level with the weapon? Remember, Borderlands is an FPS RPG, and if your level is really, really low it doesn't matter how well you aim. I remember picking up a sweet rocket launcher at one point that was useless to me because I had never bothered to level up that weapon skill.

    As far as bullet velocity, does it vary with the same weapon? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall different weapons having different bullet speeds. I think - again, I'm not sure - it's one of the weapon stats.

  6. #6
    Master Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    36
    Yes, it's buggy. We can't say that it's a well-polished game. But rest assured, you are not going to encounter a game-breaking bug anytime. I have played it on my PC and can say that it didn't crash once unlike some other games.

  7. #7
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unlosing Ranger View Post
    Yeah, Borderlands has some odd bugs. My favorite is the one in which rockets don't deal blast damage at times. By favorite I mean it makes me want to quit playing forever.

    That said, I have not played the game on PS3 but I did on 360 and PC. I don't remember anything like this odd delay you mention, though. Sure bullets do not instantly hit the target, that's normal, but they shouldn't take too long to hit them.

    As for missing even if you're aiming right at them, though, maybe your gun's accuracy is just bad?
    Yeah that one with the rocket is also really annoying but what I really hate about the rockets is that they sometimes go THROUGH your targets. I once got killed by a Bruiser because the rocket went through the guy and I'm standing like 5 feet way from me. At first I thought it was the accuracy of the gun but I'm using a sniper rifle with a scope and my shotguns hit the target just fine and those have like the worst accuracy stats.

  8. #8
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    Deathbyprayer, have you taken into account your character's skill level with the weapon? Remember, Borderlands is an FPS RPG, and if your level is really, really low it doesn't matter how well you aim. I remember picking up a sweet rocket launcher at one point that was useless to me because I had never bothered to level up that weapon skill.

    As far as bullet velocity, does it vary with the same weapon? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall different weapons having different bullet speeds. I think - again, I'm not sure - it's one of the weapon stats.
    Dude my sniper skills is like over the top now. I don't maybe because I'm still at level 28 but I'm pretty sure at least at that level I can kill someone with a sniper no problem. My character was a hunter granted but I've been pushing my sniper skills to the max now. As for the bullet, I'm not sure exactly I thought it kind of varies because my assault rifles seem to hit the enemies faster than any other weapons in the game.

  9. #9
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by wowtgp View Post
    Yes, it's buggy. We can't say that it's a well-polished game. But rest assured, you are not going to encounter a game-breaking bug anytime. I have played it on my PC and can say that it didn't crash once unlike some other games.
    Yeah I've played in on my laptop before and I plug in a controler and I find the PC version a bit more buggy than the PS version. Often times my vehicle gets stuck in the surfaces more often than not and the enemies kept on fidgeting around when they're taking cover.

  10. #10
    Member Yosostupid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    8
    The bullets aren't hitscans, they're projectiles, so each randomized weapon has a different bullet speed. Along with that, sniper rifles and regular scopes sway. It's not glitchy at all, it's just representing actual movement when you aim. It's not like Call of Duty, where each bullet hits instantly, and there isn't any scope sway. You need to time and regulate your shots, and if you don't you'll miss like you described. It adds a nice dynamic to the game and leaves you trying to master more and more weapons.

  11. #11
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosostupid View Post
    The bullets aren't hitscans, they're projectiles, so each randomized weapon has a different bullet speed. Along with that, sniper rifles and regular scopes sway. It's not glitchy at all, it's just representing actual movement when you aim. It's not like Call of Duty, where each bullet hits instantly, and there isn't any scope sway. You need to time and regulate your shots, and if you don't you'll miss like you described. It adds a nice dynamic to the game and leaves you trying to master more and more weapons.
    Yeah but the thing is I'm firmly planted in the ground crouching, I'm not seeing any scope sways (I'd see it sway sometimes which I think comes up completely random) and my target is like, 20 feet away from me. It's not like their all running around because they haven't seen me yet. I took it as a challenge anyways but it's really annoying how you can miss a shot that you're 100% sure it going to be a critical hit.

  12. #12
    Senior Member jbeavis100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    274
    PSN ID
    jbeavis100
    Rep Power
    18
    Free-roam RPG's tend to be on the glitchy side because of the larger scope.

  13. #13
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeavis100 View Post
    Free-roam RPG's tend to be on the glitchy side because of the larger scope.
    Yeah it's apparent. I just got a hold of Borderlands 2 and hopefully they fix this next installment and possibly with the next game also.

  14. #14
    Senior Member jbeavis100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    274
    PSN ID
    jbeavis100
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by deathbyprayer View Post
    Yeah it's apparent. I just got a hold of Borderlands 2 and hopefully they fix this next installment and possibly with the next game also.
    If it's larger game there will always be glitchs. That's why patchs exist. New Vegas is one of my favorite games but on release it was quite glitchy..

  15. #15
    Senior Member deathbyprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeavis100 View Post
    If it's larger game there will always be glitchs. That's why patchs exist. New Vegas is one of my favorite games but on release it was quite glitchy..
    Is Borderlands that big? I mean I could understand if it's as open as GTA but the game's maps are divided and each map isn't really that big at all.

  16. #16
    Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Inside the Midnight Channel
    Posts
    938
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeavis100 View Post
    If it's larger game there will always be glitchs. That's why patchs exist. New Vegas is one of my favorite games but on release it was quite glitchy..
    I was pleasantly surprised by the game working at all, considering it was like a collaboration between Obsidian and Bethesda... both of them have track records full of glitchy games, I expected the combination of them to cause a black hole or some shit.

    New Vegas was pretty damn good in the end, though. Much better than FO3.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel announced!
    By Haze in forum Playstation 3 Games
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: June 7th, 2014, 11:21 AM
  2. Borderlands 2
    By RobDaCool in forum Playstation 3 Games
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 17th, 2014, 12:06 PM
  3. Borderlands 2
    By RobDaCool in forum Playstation 3 Games
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 17th, 2014, 12:06 PM
  4. Borderlands
    By TheCourier in forum Playstation 3 Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 26th, 2013, 01:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •